Wednesday, September 06, 2006

here goes something

I need to try this out; so here's a bridal evening bag for starts. I originally made it for a sweet waitress at this restaurant/martini bar in Montgomery that my husband and I love (We got engaged there!). The waitress, named Claire, was going to a black and white formal and was actually going to wear a wedding dress that was not overtly bride-ish. She sent me pictures of her in the dress, which I used as inspiration for the bag. However, after I finished the bag, I went to the restaurant to find her, and she had left for another job. Very strange. A few months later, Rachel, a new friend of mine, was getting married; so I showed her the bag. She bought it from me and actually carried it at her wedding reception. I was tickled. :D

I still call this the "Claire bag," since it was inspired by Claire's pretty dress. Here is Claire in her dress, and here is the Claire bag. (The whites matched in real life.) Maybe I'll see if Rachel (the owner of the bag) has a picture of herself in her wedding dress carring it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home