Tuesday, September 26, 2006

reversible bag!

This has been my project off on and on for the past couple of days. I either broke or really, really jammed my toe, and I haven't been able to be up and about much. Oh well; I wear my jammies too much anyway. Now I have an excuse! (I won't post a picture of the toe; it's kind of gross.)

Anyway, this little baby is a reversible bag I designed. It's my first reversible bag, and I love it! I plan to do many more. This is also my first purse with covered buttons. They are so much fun to do (very satisfying to pop out that perfectly made button) and very inexpensive to make.


I hand-dyed this purple silk with the butterfly design so that it would look like splashy watercolor.

Yes, there are buttons on each side!


See the little pocket? It perfectly fits a driver's license and two credit cards-- or a couple of hair clips and some keys. (I only recommend the cards if one is using it as the lining, not the exterior. A pickpocket might find that just a little too alluring. ;) )


Inside! It's roomy enough for the things I consider "essentials" (yes, it'll fit a couple of Tampons), but can still qualify as an evening bag. I had never done the button loop before either. I used some thin suede, and I like it a lot.

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hey, Gal! I actually designed the silk in my "surface design" class at the Illinois Institute of Art. I have several fabrics that I dyed in that class, and I plan to sew things out of them (and already have).

September 28, 2006 7:36 AM  
Blogger beki said...

Very pretty! I love how the print side looks.

September 28, 2006 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful bag.

September 30, 2006 12:58 PM  
Blogger Zaksy said...

So versatile! Your talents (cooking, painting, collectively creating) and the reversible evening swing-by-my-wrist pink diddie.

October 11, 2006 8:04 PM  
Blogger Zaksy said...

So versatile! Both, your talent (cooking, painting, collectively creating) and the swing-by-my-wrist pink diddie.

October 11, 2006 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home