Friday, September 22, 2006

rin ran (mediterranean tuna salad)

I had to post this recipe because it is so easy you won't even believe it, and it is absolutely DIVINE. No one will ever know you made it in about 20 minutes, and it is very cheap to make, too.

Rin Ran

Ingredients

Salad:

1/2 pound potatoes (I like red best)
1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers (the Vlassic Stackers ones are perfect)
1/2 cup sliced green olives or Mediterranean olives
1-3 cans white Albacore tuna (This depends on how meaty you like things. Hubs REALLY likes meat. I put two cans last time, which was fine for me, but I think I'll put three next time to make him happy. My mum only puts one. With three cans of tuna, you might want to double the dressing.)

Dressing:

2 T. olive oil
1 T. vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar, and it was quite nice.)
1 T. parsley
1/4 t. cumin
1/2 t. paprika
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper

Instructions

Peel potatoes (if using white), cube, and boil until tender, about ten minutes. Drain off water and place potatoes in a bowl with peppers, olives, and tuna. Whisk dressing ingredients and pour over veggies and tuna. Toss until well-blended. Chill and serve.

Barely serves one 6'4" hungry man and one 5'4" hungry woman. ;) No, really, this does not make very much if it is going to be your main dish. I might double the recipe next time for just the two of us. We really like to eat, though. I also didn't make any side dishes because I was in a hurry.

2 Comments:

Blogger deb said...

mmmm.. will have to try that! I love all those ingredients.

That's funny.. my hubby's a foot taller than me too. I'm 5'6 and he's 6'6. Don't cha love tall men? :)

September 23, 2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger beki said...

This looks interesting, I may have to try it.

October 06, 2006 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home