Monday, October 09, 2006

pumpkin cheesecake

Today was Canadian Thanksgiving, and since my hubby is Canadian, I made a pumpkin cheesecake so that he wouldn't feel that Canada was unfeted today. Here are some pictures of it. I finally got the whole pie picture to load, too.




Recipe for easy pumpkin cheesecake:

Ingredients

1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 can (16 oz.) pumpkin
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 8" ready pie crust
1 tub of Cool Whip
1 t. vanilla extract
1 t. cinnamon and 1/2 t. allspice OR
1 scant t. cinnamon, scant 1/2 t. ginger, scant 1/4 t. ground cloves

Instructions

Soften cream cheese to room temperature. Beat cream cheese, 3/4 of the can of pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla, and spices with a hand mixer. Add eggs to mixture. Beat well. Pour into crust. Bake at 350 degrees 30-40 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a rack for one hour. Stir together remaining 1/4 can of pumpkin and Cool Whip. Serve pie warm or chilled with a dollop of Cool Whip and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Keep pie refrigerated.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

It looks like it turned out good. I hope y'all had a nice Thanksgiving.

October 09, 2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger beki said...

I've got to try this. I love pumpkin and I love cheesecake, so how could I not love this?

October 10, 2006 7:12 AM  
Blogger deb said...

Mmmmm.. that looks yummy! :) How sweet of you to bake something for your hubby for his Thanksgiving.

October 11, 2006 5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home