Saturday, May 12, 2007

Ottawa

Glen and I went to Ottawa, Ontario, at the beginning of May for a conference on Northrop Frye. (You might remember my mentioning this in an earlier post.) G gave a paper, and I just enjoyed listening to the papers and exploring Ottawa. Ottawa was absolutely gorgeous, and I think it is my favorite Canadian city so far (I haven't visited very many). G and I spent most of our time with our friends Jeffery and Christina, and we had a really good time.

G, Christina, and Jeffery in front of the Parliament buildings

Entering the Parliament buildings


Me with a statue of my namesake


G with his second Elizabeth
In front of Queen Victoria's monument



G and Jeffery at a French restaurant called L'ange (A picture of the restaurant is above this one).

Christina and Jeffery at a pub. I love these pictures.

Christina and Jeffery at D'arcy MacGee's

G and I on a bridge over the Ottawa River

The Ottawa River

Jeffery and Christina walking to the university


Above: G and Jeffery, Christina and I at the University of Ottawa

Christina, Jeffery, and G in front of a church. I like this one because they are in order of height. LOL.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous blue sky! Love the photos.

I forwarded your car info on to someone who just had her car stolen.

May 19, 2007 1:00 PM  
Blogger deb said...

Love all those photos. Glad you enjoyed yourself. And so happy to see you're posting again!

May 21, 2007 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH my gosh...look at Ya'll! And the move...congratulations! Amazing! Please keep blogging and post lots of pictures of your new town, home, etc. etc. etc. please please please!!!!!!!!

June 05, 2007 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home