Sunday, June 10, 2007

new home!

Well, as many of you have heard, we're moving! G got a job elsewhere, and we're getting the hell out of this dinky little town. Hallelujah! (I'm not giving any details here because there are so many damn creepy people slinking around the Internet.) So anyway, I won't post pictures of the exterior, but here are some pictures of the interior of our (soon-to-be) apartment. Keep in mind that these are pictures with someone else's decor and paint choices. Also, it's really hard to tell what's going on in a lot of the pictures I took because the place was so messy, so I'm just posting pictures of the first floor, since it was the most tidy part of the house (and my favorite part, too, because it contains my three favorite rooms).

Here we have the stairwell to the second floor. I really like the landing. The person who rents the apartment now has a little table with a vase of flowers on the landing and a mirror on the wall that you see as you're walking down the stairs. So, I guess you can adjust your hat or your lipstick before you walk out the door. See?

Looking down the stairs.

Here's hubs (on the left) in the living room. I really like the size of this room and the large window to the right (You can't really see it here, though). I'm also excited about the hardwood floors throughout the house.

Here is our cute little dining room. We've never had a seperate dining room before, so I'm really happy about this. Since we only have a small kitchen table, I think I'll probably put the table against the wall under the window and put my desk and a hutch for our dishes in here.

Ah, the kitchen! And a very cute kitchen if I do say so! I love the window over the sink; that will make washing dishes so much more pleasant. I'm also quite pleased with the appliances. The dishwasher and stove look relatively new, and the stove is gas-- not electric. I have pined for a gas stove for so long!

Not a lot of counter space, as you can see. That will be a bit of a pain, but I'll make do. I'll probably end up using the kitchen table a lot. I'm spoiled by the large amount of counter space my current kitchen has. The other option would be to put a slim waist-high table in here in place of the baker's rack that the present tenant has. I'm planning to put food in the cabinets, so I won't do the baker's rack. I could be vexed by these dilemmas, but I'm really just so excited about arranging the place. Overall, we're going to have so much more space.

The opening to the left here leads to a half bath (on the right) and the stairs to the basement (on the left).
Well, I'd like to post more pictures, but I'm tired and have to fold laundry. Why does Blogger take so long to upload photos when all of the other photo uploader things I use on the Internet are so fast?
Anyway, I have a lot of ideas for this place already, but let me know if you have any cheap, non-time-consuming ideas for improving space or aesthetics. (I'm going to be working full-time, so they really must be simple.) Cheerio, everyone, and come visit, my friends!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebekka said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!


I love it. I really want to come visit. The wood floors are gorgeous. Oh, and you wanted my other blog address, it's the one I'm writing you from now so just click on my name.

June 12, 2007 5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun!

July 17, 2007 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home